Sunday, July 22, 2007

different, diverse, destiny.... DY-NO-MITE!!

why does it seem that once you get acclimated to new surrounds your time in that environment has nearly evaporated? i was kindly invited to dinner and other good stuff by two filipino cousins of a friend from dc. good japanese food, a scrumptious and warm krispy kreme donut, refreshing san miguels and great bands... what a recipe for an excellent night!!

so at one point i asked my new found friends to pick one word to describe the philippines. yeah i know it's hard one!! nikki said different... agreed!! jon said diverse... agreed!! and jep (to follow the 'd' description words) said destiny.... hmmm. let's play with that one a bit.

so was this experience destined for me? do i even believe in destiny? hmmm... well i know these past few months given me time to think, it has opened my eyes to the "status" of many of my relationships, it has challenged me professionally and most of all it has given me the opportunity to learn from another culture. so how will this experience affect my perspective in life? i have no idea.. that will be for my close friends and family to decipher.

so as i begin my final week of work in the philippines i predict my mind will be constant summarizing mode. fervently trying to sum up the many thoughts, feelings, experiences of these past few months in the most succinct and powerful few words or phrases in preparation of the barrage of questions upon my return.

blessings.

No comments: